Each week, curriculum departments nominate a student they feel has met the following criteria:
- Inquisitiveness: asks questions relevant to the topic in order to further their learning.
- Independence: thinks, acts and pursues their own studies autonomously.
- Confidence: has the confidence to lead in a class discussion and enthusiastically answers teacher lead questioning.
- Setting an example: makes the right behaviour choices in order to set an example to the rest of the class.
- Attitude to Learning: has a positive attitude in all lessons and presents themselves as a positive role model to other students.
These students then enter into a raffle which is drawn every Friday afternoon. One name is selected and that student then receives the prize of a £5 voucher. All nominated students also receive2 House Points.
Previous winners of student of the week are listed below.
- Tia-Louise Welsh - 18th March
- Bailey Ellwood - 11th March
- Samuel Mee - 4th March
- Tino Muchino - 26th February
- Harry Arnold - 12th February
- Poppy Sparrow - 5th February
- Sarah Penfold - 29th January
- Wiktoria Orlov - 22nd January
- Laura Clark - 15th January