Ormiston Bushfield Academy believes in the fundamental right of the student to be educated to his or her full potential and to participate fully in the life of the academy community.
- recognises the importance of attendance in enabling students to achieve their maximum educational potential and to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
- is committed to working in partnership with families and other agencies in order to achieve the best outcomes for children.
- provides a welcoming and caring environment where all members of the academy community feel secure and valued
- has an effective system of communication with students and parents/carers to support good attendance and timekeeping and to provide appropriate information and advice.
- will use an appropriate system of rewards and incentives to recognise the effort students make in achieving good attendance and punctuality
- follows Department of Education guidance and best practice in the use of Penalty Notices as a deterrent to the removal of a student during term time.
Academy Daily Procedures:
Students are expected to enter the academy prior to 8.25am. The legal registration is taken twice during the academy day, the morning registration is taken at 08.30am, the afternoon registration takes place at 13.20pm.
Any student arriving to Registration after 8.30am, will be recorded as late, following which sanctions such as same day detentions, to make up the missed time. Students arriving after 9.00am and 1.20pm respectively will be marked as unauthorised late, this means an unauthorised absence is recorded, due to the student having missed the legal registration period
Parents are requested to notify the academy on the first morning of the child’s absence before 8.25 am by telephoning the main office absence line tel: 01733 404351 to advise that their child is absent and the reason why. In line with safeguarding procedures it is requested that a call is made at the start of each day of absence.
Term Time absence
All parents are requested to complete a Term Time Request for Absence form in the event of your child being absent from school due to any planned absence (not illness or medical). Please note this form is to be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the date of absence and the reason for the absence is for exceptional circumstances.
Parents will receive notification as to whether the period of absence is authorised or not.
We endeavor to provide an environment where all students feel valued and welcome.