OBA is committed to the development of the whole child, their academic achievement, personal development and well-being, their sense of enquiry and the development of their resilience to face life’s challenges.
Our Academy ethos of Opportunity, Aspiration and Belief underpins the promotion of SMSC
- Individuals are valued, initiative, responsibility and leadership are encouraged
- High levels of moral and confidence with recognition and celebration of personal success
- Strong pastoral support for students and staff, including effective support for families and liaison with outside agencies
- Strong sense of belonging and being part of a community, with strong links with local schools and the wider community
- High expectations of good behaviour supported by the rewards system
- Contribution, participation and involvement within the House system support by interhouse challenges and period 1 activities.
We aim to provide an education that gives our students a range of opportunities that support their spiritual, moral, social and cultural knowledge and understanding which raises confidence, self esteem, motivation and leads to improved learning.
We empower our students to be confident, healthy and thoughtful, being able to make informed choices and decisions. We support them throughout their education at the Academy to become independent, responsible and co-operative young people who make a positive contribution to the community.