We welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations in relation to age (as appropriate), disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual identity.
In line with its equality duty the Academy has adopted the following Equality Objectives:
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make sure that the academy is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some students extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to students and parents / carers, and through our Student Leadership Team.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
- We monitor changes to the curriculum to ensure they result in good outcomes for pupils in all vulnerable groups, and to review the curriculum considering new performance measures
- We implement effective strategies to support pupils in all vulnerable groups following linear exam courses
- We improve the quality of support for pupils in all vulnerable groups in the classroom
- We continue to explore the use of new technologies to support pupils in all vulnerable groups in accessing their learning. With special investigation taking place regarding the use of technology in modern foreign languages, internal exams and group work
The Academy’s full Equality Policy can be accessed here:
Click here to view the Equality Policy
Click here to view the Academy's full Equality Information and Objectives report
Our compliance with our equality duty is evidenced by the following Equality Information which is published annually:
· The DfE published Secondary and 16-18 results, which includes destinations data
· The Academy’s summer Examination Results report
· The Academy’s Pupil Premium Statement and SEN(D) Information Report
· An annual report detailing the engagement of vulnerable groups in the extra curricula activities of the year.