Equality Information and Objectives
Promoting equality and community cohesion at Ormiston Bushfield Academy
At Bushfield we have a strong commitment to fairness and equality in everything that we do.
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make sure that the academy is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some students extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to students and parents/carers, and through our Student Leadership Team.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
- We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity; and to foster good relations.
- We also welcome our specific duties to publish information about our academy population; to explain how we have due regard for equality; and to publish equality objectives which show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities or disadvantages.
We welcome the emphasis on the importance of narrowing gaps in achievement which affect, amongst others:
- Students from certain ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Students who are supported by the student premium
- Students who are disabled
- Students who have special educational needs
- Boys in certain subjects, and girls in certain other subjects.
The Academy’s full Equality Policy can be accessed here:
Click here to view the Equality Policy
Click here to view the Academy's full Equality Information and Objectives report
Our compliance with our equality duty is evidenced by the following Equality Information which is published annually:
· The DfE published Secondary and 16-18 results, which includes destinations data
· The Academy’s summer Examination Results report
· The Academy’s Pupil Premium Statement and SEN(D) Information Report
· An annual report detailing the engagement of vulnerable groups in the extra curricula activities of the year.